If you’re reading this, we’re guessing that you’re A) a legend, and B) keen to start using a softer, drier, thinner greener reusable cloth sanitary pad, maybe even with some organic cotton for good measure. Well DAME, you have come to the right place.
Did you know that switching to DAME reusable cloth sanitary pads can save over 2,000 plastic disposables sanitary pads and 40x carbon emissions?
As for the benefits to you, feedback so far reports that DAME’s reusable sanitary pads feel softer and more comfortable than disposables, and out-performed expectation.
- “Considerably more comfortable than plastic pads.”
- “It didn’t leak once. I can’t believe it! I never thought I would use anything other than reusable liners, so this is a positive step for me, thank you Dame!”
- “I forgot I was wearing it at one point. It didn’t move much at all. In fact, it stayed in position better than my current ones.”
- “Never used a reusable pad before and I would 100% convert!”
- “Best reusable sanitary pads that I’ve found and I’ve tried alot.”
Making the switch to reusable sanitary pads with organic cotton has never been easier - or more important. DAME has transformed ye olde reusable cloth sanitary pad into a 21st Century hi-tech period saviour. There’s a whole reusable pads set, but more on that later.
Using patent-pending DAMEdry™ technology to ensure you stay dry and comfortable, DAME’s reusable sanitary pads and liners are made up of five layers of material:
- Core: a wicking layer that draws moisture away from your skin in seconds (polyamide, polyester, lycra)
- Top and Bottom outer layers: two layers of super-soft natural fibres that stay comfortable against your skin (lyocell, organic cotton)
- Odour-proof inner layer: An absorbent odour-proof layer is made from 4D fabric technology that holds 10 times its weight in two seconds (organic cotton, bamboo, polyester)
- Watertight backing: watertight layer gives you extra security (polyurethane)
While we appreciate that polyester and polyurethane aren’t natural, they do make the reusable cloth sanitary pad ultra-efficient. In our eyes, this is a product to be reused time and time again. It’s a whole world better than the disposable pad alternatives.
We have tried to use as many natural ingredients as possible, while making sure we have made a reusable cloth sanitary pad that gives you safety and confidence throughout your period.
Within the DAME reusable sanitary pad range there are three sizes and absorbencies:
- The DAME Reusable Liner is 18.5cm in length and ideal for very light flows, spotting and discharge.
- The DAME Reusable Regular Pad is 20.5cm in length and absorbs the equivalent of one DAME Super tampon (9-12 grams).
- The DAME Reusable Night Time Pad is 28cm in length and absorbs the equivalent of one DAME Super Plus tampon (12-15 grams).
We recommend starting with the reusable pads set, which includes a super-thin set of soft, dry and odourless period pads for the 21st Century. Each reusable pads set comes with a reusable liner, regular period pad and a night period pad, and a DAME dry bag for easy changing and washing. The reusable liner is perfect for spotting, small leaks and discharge.
How many reusable sanitary pads you need will depend on your flow and personal preference. We advise that one reusable sanitary pad can last roughly eight hours before needing replacing. We also estimate the lifetime of a DAME reusable sanitary pad is approximately five years, when treated with care. This can vary between the reusable liner, reusable regular pad and reusable night time pad.
There are two methods to caring for DAME reusable sanitary pads and reusable liners.
Pre-washing your pads: If you have one of our Dry Bags, add about 5cm of cold water to the bag and leave the pad to soak overnight or at least 8 hours. This helps to draw out the blood, so you can tip away the water and then throw the pad in with your wash.
Rinse and go: Alternatively, rinse and wring the pad under cold water until the water runs clear. You can then add your pad(s) to an existing dark wash.
DAME reusable sanitary pads can be washed up to 40°c and with a full load and then left to air dry. Please don’t use any fabric softener as it will affect the absorbency of the pad.
Our reusable pads are also tumble dry friendly however, tumble dryers gobble up energy, and that means more emissions so we encourage you to air dry. It will also help make your pads last longer!
If you’re considering switching to reusable cloth sanitary pads the benefits are there for you, the planet and your wallet. DAME’s reusable sanitary pads and reusable liners work out to be much cheaper than disposable pads in the long-run. Honestly, it’s a no-brainer.